Saturday, December 18, 2010

Another hospital visit...but luckily not mine!!


Source::http://lifeaftergastrectomy.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/another-hospital-visit-but-luckily-not-mine/

I was very pleased to return a very special favor to a good friend.  She needed a ride to the hospital for a routine colonoscopy.   Considering that I have already “been there/done that” I was able to keep her thinking positively.  Everything turned out okay and she tooted her way home in my car blissfully mellowed from the medications.

On the downside, I will be meeting with the surgeon on January 13th to discuss when to plan the 2nd surgical intervention.  My case was presented to the group of GI docs and surgeons last week.   It was a doctor group consensus that I have a partial blockage that needs to be resolved.  This will solve part of the problems.  I am currently on a low starting dose of a  medication that might address the other problem.   It has a downside of lowering blood pressure and mine is already plenty low.  So, I monitor both my blood sugars and my blood pressure throughout the day.  Today they upped the dose so if there are going to e problems they will probably be present soon enough.

I will be posting daily – my goal!  These will be general postings about my observations of the world around me.  I think you will enjoy my twisted displays of humor.

They bumped me from 12-hour pump cycle back up to a 14-hour pump cycle because I was having some serious sugar crashes during the time off the pump.

I’ve decided not to post anymore about this issue until after I meet the surgeon on the 13th of January.  DON’T PANIC!  I will still be posting but not about the upcoming surgery.  I am not in a good place about the surgery and my chances for “recovery”.  I will chat about this later.  Right now, I just want to keep my strength about for the holidays.  They are going to be draining me as it is – emotionally, physically and financially.

I am plugging along on TPN/iv nutrition.  I’ve had problems with swollen joints, water weight gain, hair loss, bruises, cold feet and hands, sore muscles…..but I know it make take some time to tweaking my formula.  I am trying to start a very light exercise program right now to build up so much of the muscles lost during the last year.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment