Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vegan And Alkaline: Almond Butter


Source:http://innerscientist.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/vegan-and-alkaline-almond-butter/

I love almonds at this time of year, when the cold really bites and the body yearns for warm, comforting foods. I try to incorporate them into my diet as much as possible – eating them with my fruits in the morning, or soaking them overnight and eating them with honey and black pepper. That’s a must try if you feel the sniffles coming, by the way.


Almonds are generally great for the body – they are high in protein, aid digestion, lower cholesterol levels, they’re rich in Vitamin E and contain zinc, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and others.

Almond Butter


So I’ve been wanting to make a delicious spread to eat with bread or rice crackers – kind of a healthy snack between meals. Peanut butter is too acidic and so I came across this really simple, delicious recipe which is both vegan and alkaline.


1 cup almonds – preferably roasted, as that gives them a nice crispy flavour


1/2 tbsp Olive oil


Salt to taste


Blend together and voila – you have a nutritious, delicious spread. I poured some over my fruits this morning, added some raisins and had a very yummy, filling breakfast.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment