Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spider photography


Source::http://notesfromafrica.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/spider-photography/

So besides practising my photographic skills on the birds in our garden, I’m also using the many spiders in our house to develop my bug photography skills. The Spider Club photographers make it look so easy (CLICK HERE for The Spider Club Gallery). Well, it isn’t! Most spiders are tiny. Then there’s the problem of getting a good spider photo – one which can be used for identification purposes – and having it against an interesting background.  Although I have now managed the first successfully a couple of times, my spiders have been on cream coloured walls i.e. not fascinating to a non-spider person.

Having nearly squashed the spider below when I opened the door for the dog this morning, I decided to try and take some photos of it. Again, another patient little spider!

Have to be careful where one puts one's hands!

Close-up of spider above


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment