Friday, December 17, 2010

Lifestyle Change...


Source::http://markdief86.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/lifestyle-change/

“Did you know we’re all born with the same number of fat cells (about 40 billion, give or take)?  As we grow up, the number of fat cells we have increases until after our pubescent and adolescent years, when they are pretty much set.  In the past, it was assumed that the only difference between overweight people and thin ones was that overweight or obese people had all their fat cells filled to maximum capacity.  It’s now known that we can-and do, in fact-”grow” more fat cells in adulthood.  This is because when fat cells expand to their maximum size, they divide and increase again the number of fat cells.  Some obese people have more fat cells than non-obese people.  But in the end, both the number and the size of the fat cells determine the amount of fat someone has.

A fat cell is like a tiny, expandable capsule so tiny, it can’t hold but a microscopic drop of fat.  But fat cells prefer not to live alone; they cluster together like little gangs to become fatty tissue.  They generally just chill out until they’re called into action by precise biochemical signals, usually hormones and enzymes.  When hormones and enzymes signal fat cells, they become active, releasing fat into the bloodstream to be used for different purposes.

When you overeat, those extra calories will travel right back into those deflated fat cells and fill them back up.  No matter how much weight you lose or how many hours you spend in Spinning class, your fat cells will never disappear.  A deflated balloon is still a balloon.”  Flat Belly Diet

Body fat isn’t always a harmful bad thing.  In fact there are many benefits of having it.  2 to 5 percent of a man’s body weight comes from essential fat, whereas women it’s 10 to 13 percent.  Fat is essential in humans for energy, maintaining proper hormone levels, regulating body temperature, protecting vital organs, fertility, and bone growth.  Body fat only becomes a problem when there’s too much of it.  At that point, it puts a strain on your heart and other organs and starts to interfere with your body confidence.  I am a very confident person except when it comes to my body’s image.  I am ashamed every time I look in the mirror and see what I let myself transform in to.  I am in control of my body and blame myself for the outcome.  It’s time for a lifestyle change.

I will become more confident, healthier, and once again be in full control of my body.  This blog will be my journey through my lifestyle change and will be of great help during those rough times when I’m in need for a little bit of self-encouraging.  After a long discussion with my best friend and boyfriend we all have decided it’s time to be in control again of our body’s and become the healthiest we can.  So here we go.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment